If you are an author or represent a publisher seeking a review, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- We are dedicated to reviewing and promoting the best in new historical romance and fiction, so we will give priority to books published within 90 DAYS of your request.
- All books submitted MUST contain strong elements of BOTH history and romance.
- We enjoy all eras of history and all heat levels from inspirational to scorching hot, regardless of sexual orientation although we don’t review erotica.
- We are also NOT accepting review requests for short stories at this time. Novellas are acceptable (80 pages plus), but please do not submit requests for shorter stories as they will not make it to our regular circulation list.
- Books that are poorly edited will not be reviewed.
PLEASE NOTE: ACCEPTING A REVIEW COPY IS NOT AN AUTOMATIC GUARANTEE OF A REVIEW. WE DO OUR BEST TO REVIEW ALL THE TITLES WE REQUEST, BUT OCCASIONALLY, CIRCUMSTANCES ARISE WHICH MEAN IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO RUN THE REVIEW.
UNFORTUNATELY, WE ARE NOT ABLE TO RESPOND TO INDIVIDUAL REVIEW REQUESTS. IF WE HAVE NOT BEEN IN TOUCH TO REQUEST A REVIEW COPY WITHIN 6-8 WEEKS OF SUBMISSION, IT MEANS YOUR BOOK HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED FOR REVIEW.
You may submit a request for a SATURDAY SPOTLIGHT FEATURE by completing the SPOTLIGHT REQUEST FORM on the FOR AUTHORS tab. Please note that submissions should be for books published within 90 days of the request and that you are very unlikely to be allocated a spotlight AND a review.
OUR RATING SYSTEM
5 STARS = Perfection (a book that is superbly written and researched and represents the best blend of history and romance)
4-4.5 STARS= Not quite perfect but pretty darned close! (A well -written and researched book that we strongly recommend)
3.5 STARS= A few minor flaws but still a great read. (We enjoyed the book and would definitely read more by this author)
**We do not review any books that we did not enjoy enough to give at least 3 stars.**
We review all heat levels from inspirational to scorching hot. We do not review erotica or ménage stories. All reviews are categorized by heat level as follows:
1 = Mild: kisses, mention of sexual situations but the bedroom door is very firmly closed.
2= Moderate: (Most historical romances fall into this category). Two of three sex scenes, and mentions of sex and sexual feelings at various points in the text. Sexual acts are described using either anatomical terms or accepted euphemisms.
3= Explicit: The sex is more frequent and may involve cruder terminology and/or profanity and possibly sex toys and kinks etc.
REQUEST A REVIEW